HumanPlaylistr is owned and operated in the UK as a sole trader business.
“Us”, “We” and “Our” refers to HumanPlaylistr as an entity. “You”, “Your” and “Yours” refers to the customer(s) engaging with HumanPlaylistr business and service activity, referred to as the “Journey”.
Your personal data and privacy are really important to us.
This page sets out our obligations to you and how to raise any concerns you may have to us or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). It also sets out your rights.
What data we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Individual customer names
- Email address (through forms and subsequent communication)
- Telephone numbers where required
Third party suppliers
In-house Personal Information Processing
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Contact and communication
- Business administration
- Customer reviews
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following source in the following scenario:
- Trello boards that are private between us and you will record personally identifiable auditable activity such as moving of cards, relabelling and other board activity. It is recorded as part of the system and allows tracking of progress throughout the journey.
We use the information that you have given us in order to operate a business service to you. We do not share this information with any other organisation.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us via completing the form at the bottom of this page.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest, as operators of the business service to you.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on encrypted HumanPlaylistr computing equipment. Media is encrypted and very strong passwords are used for all systems to mitigate any data breach either with third parties or theft/loss of equipment. Should we believe your data has been breached either within HumanPlaylistr systems or with third party systems, we will notify you as soon as is reasonably possible, advising what data we believe has been breached.
We keep all customer data for the duration of your journey (engagement with the service). We will then dispose your information by digital destruction, relying on the data removal procedures of third party suppliers detailed above when account deletion is activated, within 14 days of the conclusion of your journey. You are welcome to retain your Free Trello account but access to all HumanPlaylistr boards will be removed and your privately shared board will be removed. We can assist you with transferring a copy to your own boards at the of your journey if you wish. Your email address and name will be retained as a customer contact database for 24 months on our systems and will not be passed to any other organisation.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- Please contact us at via the form at the bottom of this page if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us via the form at the bottom of this page.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Get in Touch
Send me a message using the form below, or find all my social media channels here.